Friday, April 09, 2004

Here is Rice's testimony. I particularly think the Kerrey jabs were effective. I'm too tired to really comment - but suffice it to say, I'm a little depressed at the 45 soldiers killed this week in Iraq and how that situation appears to be deteriorating.

You know - I have to say that it's hard to judge what the administration did before 9/11. How many of us would have been able to prepare or would have expected such attacks? I'm more angry about Iraq and how it has distracted from a focus on attacking the root causes of terrorism and chasing down Osama - at a serious cost of lives and money. Now - if the PDB comes out or other evidence arises that shows a blatant disregard for a terrorist threat, than that's a whole different enchilada. I mean - if you've got a piece of paper from your national security staff saying "we've got a problem" then as president, you might want to dedicate some priority to it. But as I said, until 9/11, it's hard to know how any of us would have reacted.....

No comments: