Thursday, January 31, 2008

Democratic Debate

Watched the debate - very substantive, and both looked polished, knowledgeable and ready. You can watch at cnn.com.

Best line from Barack was challenging Hillary's experience argument - "Senator Clinton, I think, fairly, has claimed that she's got the experience on day one. And part of the argument that I'm making in this campaign is that, it is important to be right on day one".

Best line from Hillary was her challenging Wolf's question on the Bush/Clinton dynasty: "And, you know, it did take a Clinton to clean after the first Bush and I think it might take another one to clean up after the second Bush." Hillary had a bit of a difficult moment when asked why she didn't vote for the Levin amendment during the run-up to the war, and also had some difficulty defending her war vote.

A nice, short bit of analysis is here.

I'm going to be happy with either as president, especially compared to the GOP. I'm voting for Barack Obama on Tuesday, by the way. I think America needs a guy like him.

2 comments:

Pink Liberty said...

Obama was so cool when he admitted he needed brilliant people around him because he's not always right; and a dig at Hillary (sorry, she was very good tonight) is that Clinton couldn't keep his coattails (Gore, etc.) which is partly why we wound up with another Bush!

Vigilante said...

Yes, this was a real good debate, with audience participation, and sufficient time to each participant. I'm sorry I missed most of it.

And good point, Pinks. I get your drift.