Friday, January 25, 2008

Time & Children

It's a funny thing - having children creates a very spatial sense of time for me - I have a pretty good idea of just how long 2.8 years is. I also have a pretty good idea of how long 8 months is. And while the weeks sometimes just vanish, it's also a long time. It gets difficult to keep things in perspective - it seems like I've got no time and lots of time simultaneously. I can't really explain it.

I was sitting at home with my wife this evening over dinner and it was just one of those precious moments, where I was fully in the present with few filters clouding my thoughts or vision. It's those times that I especially thank God for what I've been given today, and every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's moments like that, that put it all into perspective.