Sunday, March 21, 2010

HCR passes

I can't believe they did it - but they did it. The bill isn't perfect - but let's face it, little in life is. I am an unabashed progressive, and this (among others) is the reason I voted for Democrats in 2006 and Barack Obama in 2008. I especially tip my hat to Nancy Pelosi, who had to pass health care reform three times -- the first time was the bill that included the public option, the second time in the form of the senate bill, and the third time (concurrently with the second) in the form of the reconciliation bill. The importance of Ms. Pelosi's contribution to healthcare reform cannot be overstated.

After all is said and done, I suspect the world will not end, life will go on, and people will be more secure in how their health insurance operates.

Have a good evening!

No comments: